A completely new fireproof decking material! Natural Stone Decking™ is cut stone pavers notched to sit on and between the joists of the deck. It provides an unparalleled deck in terms of strength, appearance, and durability. Naturally slip resistant, weatherproof, it is ideal for any climate.
This natural quarried stone is installed directly on to the joists of your deck project. This is not an appliqué that goes over another decking surface. No special hardware or brackets are required — in fact, it uses no screws or hardware of any kind. With no special hardware to install or holes to pre-drill, Natural Stone Decking™ installs very quickly and cost-effectively. A single worker can install 30 square feet per hour.
Natural Stone Decking™ will not deteriorate with age. It will not change color over time and only look better in 50 or 100 years.
Create decks with almost any pattern. Just select shapes based on multiples of your joist spacing and we can cut stones to “skip” a joist or 2 or even 3. The stone pieces can be any length to suit your design. Other stones and colors are in development.
Natural Stone Decking™ compares favorably with composite decking in terms of cost per square foot.
Its unmatched strength, 100% UV resistance, and range of patterns make it a unique decking material providing a fresh look. 100% quarried and fabricated in the US, Natural Stone Decking™ is something you can have complete confidence in.
This product does require using only our highest strength stones:
Call to discuss pattern options.
ASTM Data: Lyons Red Sandstone. Other stones will differ.
ASTM C170 Compressive Strength: 32,402 PSI
ASTM C880 Flexural Strength: 2882 (A standard 16”X16” decking stone can support 1921 Lbs.)
ASTM C1028 Static Coefficient of Friction: Dry 1.20 Wet 1.07 (natural cleft)
Advantages of Natural Stone Decking™
- Fire Proof. In the ever more likely event of a wildfire, Natural Stone Decking™ will not ignite no matter how many sparks land on it.
- Durability. No decking material will out-last stone. Lifetime warranty is just the beginning.
- Color stability. Stone decking will not change color in the sun.
- Easy Installation. No drilling or worrying about spacing, just run the glue and set the stones in place.
- No Hardware. Expensive and time-consuming hardware is not required.
- Perfect-Surface. No hardware means no marks on the surface.
- Versatile Joist spacing. Stone will not warp or bend. Our Lyons Red sandstone can support over 3500 Lbs. on a 24” span, meaning you have fewer joists to install.
- Patterns. We can do a wide range of patterns provided all the joints in one direction fall on joists.
- Safe. No risk of splinters and more slip resistance, especially when wet.
- Appearance. The natural variation in color means every deck will be unique. A range of materials can also be used to create a unique look.
- Cost. You get a lifelong product for the same as composite decking. (Patterns may be more) Combined with easier installation and no hardware, you can provide your customers with a higher quality product for the same price.
- The environment. This stone is quarried in a sustainable manner in the US. No plastic made from oil or wood from threatened forests.